Monday, September 15, 2008

keeping the boredom away

Don't get me wrong...I love being tracked out, but all of the free time can get boring. When I was tracked out in May I was fortunate enough to get a sewing machine from my wonderful mother-in-law. I went crazy. I literally spent about 3 days straight making pillows and an apron.

Here is my handy work:

That apron is the only time I've branched out from pillows. The back is pretty rough.

This track out I've been working on our daybed in the office.
This is taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. I am no where near done and I have so many more pillows to cover. I still haven't decided if I like the red in there or not. Maybe I'll attempt to make a daybed cover so I can get rid of the cheap fitted sheet on the hand-me-down mattress.

Where I get my stuff:
1. Discount Fabric Warehouse
3523 Maitland Dr
Raleigh, NC 27610
Pretty much everything is $7.99/yard. I've seen the same fabrics in there that I've seen in other pricey fabric stores.
2. Ross
This is the best place to buy down filled pillows. You can't get plain inserts for as little as you can get an ugly down pillow with a removable cover from Ross. I found 18x18 pillows for $3.99. I've bought 20x20 pillows for $7.99....it's great!
3. Wal-Mart
If you can find a Wal-Mart that has fabric it's worth checking out. They buy remnant fabric from nice fabric stores and you can get it for $4.50/ yard or cheaper. You just have to dig through the ugly John Deere and camo fleece to get to it.

No comments: